Sunday, June 27, 2010

Three months!

On June 26th we hit the three month mark, and the weekend before we hit Montauk and Gurney's Inn!

We took Father's Day weekend off to get out of the city, visit with family and touch base with our wedding coordinator, Ginny. We always look forward to seeing her because she is so enthusiastic about our wedding, and so helpful with ideas and tips. We also sat down with Judge James Ketcham, who will be officiating our wedding on the beach. A retired judge with a quick wit, he kept us laughing throughout the meeting. But it was easy to see that, just like the staff at Gurney's, he takes his job seriously. We are sure he will do a wonderful job performing our ceremony. Before we parted ways with Ginny we met Jon, another wedding coordinator, and then headed down to the beach bar to sample their drink of the day, the tangerine cosmopolitan.
On the beach we met a few more staff members, including executive chef Angelo "Chip" Monte, Jr. and general manager Paul Monte. Everyone was relaxed and friendly, and only made it more obvious that we picked a great place to have our wedding.

The weather was beautiful and suggestive of what we may have in September, but even if it's hot and humid or cool and rainy we know that it will be fabulous.

After our tangerine cosmos we wandered the many decks and wooden walkways surrounded by plants and shrubs that give Gurney's a hidden feeling as if it simply sprung up in the midst of these seaside cliffs. Our last stop was at The Sea Grille where we toasted with a couple of glasses of Prosecco while sampling some of their amazing clams and oysters on the half shell, mussels in white wine broth, and tuna carpaccio.

It was so beautiful and relaxing it made us excited for the fun we will have in September with all our family and friends around us.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing at the Feleppa house in East Hampton, eating more delicious food and laying around on the beach. With one more task on our To Do list before the weekend was over, we headed back into the city on Monday morning. Once we were home, unpacked and showered it was time to hop on the subway and hit the diamond district in search of our wedding rings. We had already done some preliminary shopping in SoHo but now it was time to get down to business (and bargaining). A few friends had made some suggestions so we knew where we planned on looking but after our first stop we decided to go see Jonro Jewelers, a couple that had been very helpful when Alex was shopping for engagement rings and other sparkly things.

They immediately remembered Alex and as we chatted they showed us some of their beautiful handiwork. Jon and Rochelle are both knowledgeable and opinionated, and they offer some great quality pieces. Before we knew it we had found two rings that were absolutely perfect and within our budget. We took a deep breath, said "let's go for it" and now are eagerly awaiting our finished rings. You'll just have to wait until the wedding for any more details.

Needless to say, wedding planning is in high gear and I'm pretty sure the next three months are going to fly by. It's going to be a busy and exciting summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment